Find a Speedy Auto Service location near you
Oil changes are the single most important aspect of car maintenance. Engine oil serves many useful purposes, but over time can become contaminated from dirt, particles and other impurities and deposits. Dark and dirty looking oil is also a sign that it’s ready to be changed.
Routine oil changes keep your engine well lubricated to run smoother, cooler and with reduced wear between parts. Speedy Auto Service will help you know when it’s time to change your oil and what might be the best type of oil for you.
Speedy Oil Change Service
Our professional Oil Change service includes:
- Replace the oil with up to five (5) litres of quality motor oil.
- Replace oil filter, and check other filters.
- Grease universal joints, steering and suspension components, where applicable.
- Check under the chassis for component integrity, leaks, CV boot issues, and wear of steering components.
- Visually inspect belts, wiper blades, and exterior lights.
- Check tire pressure and adjust as necessary.
- Check fluids and lubricants such as coolant, brake fluids, power steering, transmission, and windshield washer fluids, and replace as necessary.
Signs that it might be time for an oil change
Going too long without an oil change can lead to internal engine damage. Below are some things to think about to help avoid this scenario.
- Has there been an increase in gas consumption in your vehicle?
- When checking your vehicle’s oil level using the dipstick, does it read that the oil level is low?
- When you take out the dipstick, is the oil dirty/black?
- Is the oil warning light on your dashboard on?
- Are the kilometers driven since your last oil change, more than 5,000km?
Answering “yes” to any of the questions above is a sign that it might be time for an oil change. Depending on the type of oil in your vehicle, if it has been between 5,000 to 10,000, it’s likely time for an oil change.
Moreover, several factors come into play while planning an oil change schedule for your vehicle. It is recommended to rotate tires every other oil change interval to maximize their lifespan. Additionally, replacing air and cabin filters as needed improves engine performance and the air quality inside the vehicle. These are only a few things to consider.
Get your oil change with Speedy Auto Service at regular intervals for an easy running engine and increased gas mileage.